About the job
Our Group Security team is a multi-faceted area of our organisation that develops and implements best-in-class security strategies across the Emirates network. We have set the benchmark in aviation security and are committed to providing an internationally recognised standard of service. At Emirates, our award winning security group provides a wide array of services, learning and development and an opportunity to work with leaders from around the World!
The Business Support Specialist will assist the Business Support Manager to ensure delivery on all EGS activities requiring third party billing and ensuring invoicing support activities are processed in a timely manner. They will support the Business Support Manager with the annual budgeting exercise. Responsible for providing functional expertise and ensuring effective planning, deployment and oversight of a skilled operational team to drive consistency and quality in all Group Security Support Services activities.
The successful candidate will develop and manage billing, contracts and outsource suppliers for outsourced manpower to support Group Security Operations and ensure alignment with Group standards.
In this role, you will:
– Drive best practice across allocated functions as outlined in the department service catalogue, ensuring that standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions are aligned with regulatory requirements, training, and department practice.
– Escalate critical information or issues arising appropriately in a timely manner, ensuring that the details are accurate and any matters are highlighted for appropriate operational resolution.
– Support the annual budgeting exercise including, billing & invoicing, asset management, contingent ID management, ITSR management, Duty Travel management, EGS-owned facilities management, and tracking of EGS resource training needs.
– Drive the manpower supplier management strategy, including contract management and the definition of SLAs and vendor performance metrics. Work closely with vendors to ensure continuous performance improvements. Identify SLA shortfalls and highlight to management all instances of vendor non-compliance.
– Deliver against the agreed service catalogue and agreed internal and external service level agreements (SLAs). Actively participate in management meetings, to implement management decisions and Group Security wide initiatives.
– Introduce operational cost-containment measures where applicable and actively prevent or minimise wastage of overtime, resources and work-related supplies / consumables wherever possible. Keep up to date on budget pack requirements and group budgeting processes to effectively guide cost centre holders during the annual budgeting process.
– Work with management, HR, P&L and business stakeholders to define requirements for outsource manpower, including identification of relevant job roles to outsource, preferences for contractual terms/ performance criteria and definition of supporting administrative processes.
– Ensure that outsource management providers have processes in place to adhere to the standards set by Group Security, including full alignment to our Safety, Training, Transport and Uniform standards. Develops a performance management scorecard to track outsource provider performance against contract. Manage the process to periodically quality assure outsource providers against contractual standards. This may include site visits to inspect accommodation, transport, training, or document management activities.
– Manage the administration of supplier and customer contracts. This includes timely contract execution, renewal, and amendments for Group Security in relation to security services contracts for Suppliers and its customers. Ensure that contracts terms & Conditions are aligned with the agreed Emirates Group Security standards and expectations.
– Support and facilitate the annual budgeting for Group Security departments with conjunction of the Unit Heads to ensure a clear, consistent, and transparent process is followed for their manpower requirements. Support and facilitate the Unit Heads with their billings and settlements. This would require necessary partnering with Group Finance to facilitate and manoeuvre the different corporate processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, you must meet the below requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree or Honours with 5+ years’ experience in security (general)
– Diploma in Business Administration / Human Resources / Bachelor Degree preferred
– Advanced Supervisory Skills
– Proficient Budget and Cost Control Knowledge
– Advanced Planning and Organizing Skills
– Advanced Quality Orientation Skills
– Advanced Communication Skills
– Advanced Safety Awareness Skills
– Proficient Data Collection and Analysis Skills
– Proficient Writing Skills
– Proficient IT and Computer Literacy Skills
At Emirates, we’re committed to providing our employees with opportunities to grow and develop in their careers. So if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, apply today and join our team!