About the job
About the role
To provide an account management service to the nominated business units ensuring that best practice procurement techniques are adopted to achieve lowest cost of ownership and that agreed service levels are achieved.
What you will do
– Develop and implement procurement category strategies that align with the business units requirements at lowest total cost of ownership and compliant to Emirates Group Procurement Policy and Procedures manual (EGPM).
– Establish strong collaborative sourcing processes to strategically source, contract, develop, implement and optimize for reliable delivery of products and services. Provide expert advice to customer departments during product design phase to optimise product/value to the Airline.
– Develop tender documents, lead and manage sourcing events- where appropriate in conjunction with Legal and other departments to execute a sourcing strategy the delivers robust proposals/competitive quotes from the supply base.
– Lead all negotiations; service level agreements, supply chain processes, prices, terms and conditions with vendors to secure best contractual, commercial and operational position for the Emirates Group. Ensure supply chain and commercial risk are minimised.
– Manage contractual agreements and ensure adherence to terms and conditions.
– Maintain frequent and close collaboration with business units to ensure P&L and business unit goals complement each other and business units are involved in the procurement process.
Ensure that the sourcing, pre-qualification and evaluation of suppliers is carried out as per company standards/policies to assess what services and products they are qualified to provide thereby ensuring that the correct products and services are available.
– Proactively research, identify, drive and seek approval to implement initiatives that would reduce cost, enhance the product/service quality, identify new supply markets and reduce the product/supply chains adverse impact on the environment, wherever possible.
– Benchmark performance of the sections against available statistics/indicators (internal and external) and identify areas for improvement. This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments and other relevant changes in the supply market.
– Continuously evaluate and collaborate with all stakeholders to improve the overall procurement and contracting processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
This job might be for you if you have
– Professional Diploma in Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS).
Degree in Business Administration or Finance would be an advantage.
– 8 plus years experience in Procurement operations, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management.
– Previous experience and knowledge of sourcing products and services for airline operations would be an advantage.
Youll have an edge if you are:
– Collaboration, diplomacy and tact are central as the role entails engaging, representing and motivating a variety of stakeholders sometimes with divergent perspectives, objectives and interests. It involves finding common grounds between multiple stakeholders and finding creative ways to gain alignment such that all parties can succeed.
– The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, be a good negotiator with strong commercial acumen.
– The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have strong interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel
– A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn are essential in this role.
– The successful candidate must possess strong project management, communication and presentation skills.
– Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and accommodate changing priorities.