Offering a complete ecosystem of maritime services, including broking, finance, port services and research, Clarksons is at the heart of global shipping. Our unrivalled reach, expertise, and depth of experience, combined with leading research, enables us to partner with clients across every sector to meet the demands of the worlds rapidly evolving maritime, offshore, trade and energy markets. Building on our unique heritage and harnessing our insights to see further, faster, we work with our clients and communities to create strategies that have a positive impact on the industry and the world around us. Dedicated to excellence, its our people that drive success for our clients.
To understand more including day-to-day life at Clarksons, visit us at www.clarksons.com
What you will be doing
Work alongside and support experienced brokers to drive revenue and develop client base.
Perform market analysis and provide market insight.
Help to manage internal data flow of key market information.
Maintain databases and prepare market information and reports for clients.
Identify and introduce new clients to the market and maintain professional relationships.
Understand the business strategy for the division and seek to identify new business opportunities relating to trends, future markets, products and clients.
Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the relevant market space.
Attend client meetings and events when required.
Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
What were looking for
We invite applications from candidates who can demonstrate:
· Drive and self-motivation, with the desire and commitment to succeed, deliver excellence and make positive change;
· Relationship building, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport;
· Collaboration, able to work well with others across diverse backgrounds to share information, develop skills, and deliver results;
· Resilience with the ability to persist and adapt;
· Smart problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a curious and inquisitive mind, and an openness to new ideas;
· Professional integrity and a respect for company values.
· Up to 5 years of shipbroking experience
· Strong commercial judgement with excellent negotiation skills
· Strong numeracy skills and excellent presentation skills
· High focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Confident and able to work well under pressure
· Good MS office skills